Make your own free website on
   The Nor’Sea27 Owners NewsLine
The Newsletter of Inspired Nor’Sea 27 boat owners.
Issue # 14                   Jul, Aug, Sep 1998

 A new set of editors for the NewsLine
 The NewsLine is now on a quarterly basis
 A new look, but,
 Same GREAT sections as always
 Plus “POINTS BEYOND” Letters from boats in transit

1 More information on anchoring by Dean Wixom
2 Trailering Saga part III by John & Carol Gignilliat
3 Bahamas Cruising by Richard Leasure
4 Water Maker info from Cliff  & Deanna
5 Baja Cruising info from Cliff & Deanna
5 News from  No News
6 Half Moon Bay Trip
7 Alternator Replacement
8 Manual Boat Speed
9 Owners Inquire
10 Equipment for sale

Two new editors take the helm of the NewsLine Greg and I hope we are able to do as good a job as Gail & Nancy have done.  We wish them all the luck in the world, and hope to be reading many stories from them of far off places!
 Hello Everybody!

We are pleased to have the opportunity to continue the fine work that Gale and Nancy Saint began.  We have received every issue of the Newsline and read it with relish for the two years since its inception.  We have big shoes to fill!  With all of your support, input, suggestions, and articles, we hope to keep the NewsLine informative and fun.  Next to sailing and working on our Nor’Sea, our favorite thing to do is talk and read about the wonderful Nor’Sea.  You might notice a bit of bias in this regard.

Gale and Nancy are not gone for good.  They have promised to be our roving reporters and keep us updated on their adventures.  We love you and wish you all the best.
Note: Just as we were about to go to press, we received a letter and have added it to the NewsLine.

Jill and Greg

Owners Report
Trailering Saga - Part lll
John & Carol Gignilliat, CHINOOK #175

As I casually flipped through our mail, one return address made my heart freeze.  It was marked: CHIEF OF POLICE, Cle Elum, Washington.  In December, when we had left our boat, our last words had been, “Let us know if anything goes wrong.”  With a feeling of dread, I tore open the envelope.  It was just a friendly note from the Chief of Police and a log sheet.  They had been checking our boat two and three times a day since we left!  That was what I call service.  Maybe the box of cookies we sent at Christmas helped.  Later that same week, we got a card from the grocery manager.  He said Chinook was doing fine but every time he walked by her, she seemed to be whispering, “Noah, Noah.”
May was upon us, and we left Milwaukee on a Saturday morning, heading for Cle Clum, Washington.  A day and a half later, we stopped at a gas station on the edge of Cle Clum.  After filling up, the attendant surprised me by asking, “Back to pick up your boat?”  Maybe Bananas and Oranges was the giveaway.

It took several hours to get the boat ready.  We removed the cover and washed her down.  Then I hooked up the hitch and squeezed Chinook out of her winter resting spot.  We thanked the police department for their diligence and were ready to go.  We had been thinking about this moment all winter, and we both had the jitters.

I eased into gear and tentatively got up to speed in town.  So far, so good.  We waved goodbye to Cle Elum and chugged up the ramp onto the freeway.  Only a few miles up the road was a rest area.  We planned to stop there and check everything out.  But as soon as I got up to 40 miles per hour, the Suburban and trailer started hobby-horsing down the highway.  Every little way, we shot into the air and plummeted back down.  We finally made it to the rest area.  After spending so much time, money,  and preparation, I  was ready to give up.  After awhile, Carol said, “Let’s try it again, maybe it will get better.”  I agreed.  We eased back onto the freeway, and got up to our cruising speed of 45 miles per hour.  Lo and behold, no hobby-horsing!  We must have hit an exceptionally bad stretch of road which had turned to washboard during the winter.  Our spirits rose and again we felt like maybe we could make it.

We were on our way again, hoping to make it out of the state of Washington.  It would be a relatively flat stretch, except for one small hitch, the Columbia River Gorge.  As we began our descent down to the river, I kept Bananas and Oranges in low gear, hoping to avoid sway.  Also, I knew we had to watch the surge brakes on the trailer so they did not overheat.  If the trailer jammed forward on a downhill run, the surge brakes would engage and easily overheat.  However, we made it down without incident.

We motored across the huge bridge spanning the river and started back up.  I was now concerned with the engine boiling over.  We were still in low gear working our way up the steep grade and out of the gourge.  The engine temperature, also, started to climb.  At the top was a scenic pullover where we could stop and cool off.  We made it to the top with the temperature gauge almost off the scale.  I pulled over and left the engine  running to keep the fan going.  When I opened the hood, the radiator was making a shrill ‘EEEEEEEEEEE!!!!” while the rest of the cooling system chimed in with


and from somewhere underneath was a distinct “Phhhhhhhttttt!”  I thought the whole thing was going to blow!  Carol and I stood back and waited for the meltdown, but it finally cooled off.  I vowed never to push the engine that hard again.
We only had two more hours of driving until our next stop.  It was all flat, easy driving, so we could relax.  At least until we read the sign that warned, “LOW CLEARANCE AHEAD.”
(To be continued)

Don’t ya just love having a Nor’Sea!

Jill & I attended the Sail Expo West.  A GREAT sailboat show held in April in Oakland, Ca.  We stopped to talk at the booth for the magazine “Lattatudes & Attatudes”, a recent addition to our long list of subscriptions.  If you have not seen it yet, pick up a copy, I think you may like it.

The editor, Bob Bitchen, and I were talking, when I mentioned we had a Nor’Sea, his eyes lit up.  Said he knew the boat and was impressed by it.  Seems a while back he was aboard a large sailboat in Mexico when he saw a Nor’Sea at anchor near by.  Said he HAD to row over and see it.  There, he met Dean Wixom!   He asked if we would say “Hi” to Dean the next time we got the chance.  ----  Hi Dean ---- From Bob.

I also met David Bradley (a new member of the group) and his son as they were looking over life rafts. They have a GREAT story to tell about how they found there Nor’Sea in a field…..  Ahhhhh sounds like a great story for another issue.


Half Moon Bay Trip
By George & Elizabeth Marcotte
Sea of Tranquility

The Northern California Nor’Sea owners had a Memorial Day cruise in to Half Moon Bay this year.

The Half  Moon Bay trip was very nice. Two NorSea sailboats made this trip: Sea of Tranquility and Wings.

Friday: The Sea of Tranquility was in horseshoe cove and Wings was at Golden Gate Yacht club.

Saturday: Sea of Tranquility was out the gate at 0630. The sea was confused at the Golden Gate Bridge. As soon as we raised the Main the boat motion was better. We were able to sail all the way down to Half  Moon Bay. Wings left early and got more of the ebb tide. They made better time down to Half Moon Bay.  Sea of Tranquility was at anchor in half moon bay at 1350.

Sunday: We all partied at the Half moon bay Yacht club, swapping lies with other sailors, a long walk along the beach and enjoyed life.

Monday: Sea of Tranquility sailed back starting at 1000 and came under the Golden Gate bridge around 1430.  We did this on two tacks up to the gate then falling off on a run down the gate. The weather was very nice despite the weather report. Some times I think they just look out the window and take a wild guess. The wind was moderate, perfect for my NorSea.

Bahamas Cruising
By Richard Leasure
aboard NS27 Wings

 Recently on my 2nd annual cruise to the Bahamas I 'discovered' an area that seems to be little cruised but well suited to the thin water capabilities of our beloved NS 27.

 I should explain that I was a guest on a friends 33' Pearson Vanguard for a two week cruise. I wanted the experience of a Gulf Stream crossing at sea level, as my previous crossing was at 20,000 ft in a 727. Anyhow we left Miami via Biscayne Channel at 5 pm with enough light to see some daymarks before going off soundings. We were expecting to arrive at Bimini 50 mi. due East at sunup. Winds were SSE at 10-15 and NOT opposing the northward flowing stream. Ship traffic was heavy for the first 20 mi. with ships heading S nearer the Florida coast. Motorsailing all night on a course of SE we found ourselves at Gun Cay cut at 8 am. We had covered about 70 mi. of water and were only 50 mi due east of our departure point.

  Coming onto the Bahama Banks, the short chop and dark blue of the Atlantic gave way to a clear calm pale powder-blue water over a white sand bottom 15 feet below us. Having done most of my sailing on the Mississippi Gulf Coast where you feel the bottom before you see it, here it seems as if you will run aground at any moment. Within 2 hours the only thing in sight was the bottom while we ghosted along on a light breeze. At 9 pm 40 mi onto the banks we anchored 1 mi south of Russell beacon.  With a dim loom of Miami to the west the stars covered the night sky, while the spreader lights lit up a sandy circle of the bottom beneath the boat.
 The next morning with the high pressure system maintaining our beautiful albeit nearly windless weather we proceeded to the Northwest Channel beacon whereupon we passed off the banks around noon onto the 1000 fathom Tongue Of The Ocean . Most of the previous afternoon we had noticed clouds building over the invisible Andros Island to our south. It ,being the largest landmass of the islands, was collecting its afternoon moisture.

  Andros is a main source of water for Nassau and water ships constantly ply back and forth on their four hour cruises from the terminus at Morgans Bluff,you guessed it, the pirates old hangout. The island is about 140 mi long and has the worlds 2nd longest coral reef running the length of its east coast. In previous years the island was a haven for smugglers as channels, called bights, run from east to west across its southern half. Now the government is encouraging agriculture and livestock.

 We cleared into the country at Chub Cay and spent the night at the Chub Cay Club, a buck a foot with excellent facilities. With our high pressure forecast for the next several days we decided to visit Andros.  The guide book states that there are not many protected anchorages in which to sit out a cold front so with our stable weather it seemed like a viable plan. Morgans Bluff, located on the north end of Andros, is about 20 mi SW of Chub so we had a short windless passage back over the Tongue.  The channel into Morgans Bluff is well marked and one of the few places in which to get behind the 140 mi north south running reef. A 15' deep channel runs behind the reef about 50 to 100 ft off the beach.

 Dodging the occasional coral head we easily navigated the channel past a beautiful abandoned beach hotel, for sale by the way, and alongside the white sandy beach bordered with coconut palms mixed in with Australian pines. About 4 mi down the beach is Nicholls Town with a good anchorage and a town pier. About 400 ft. off the beach the coral reef begins and continues out about 1/4 mi. The reef drops off on a wall that ultimately falls to 6000 ft.

The reef covers at high tide and by the steep slope of the beach and the flotsam up into the tree line we suspected that on a S to N wind it would be quite a dangerous lee shore. This was verified by talking to local fisherman.

  Nicholls Town is a friendly little place completely devoid of a tourist industry. Their are several public water faucets near the town beach and a grocery,liquor store and a few beach side conch/beer stands. There was only one other sailboat anchored up the beach, so for the two days we were there, we snorkeled and fished the beautiful reef in solitude. We made a short trip south to Bethel channel the next pass through the reef. Its an excellent 15 deep pass with a lighted range 2 mi south of Nicholls Town.

 We ended our stay the next day and made a night passage to Nassau as a cold front was on the way and with 5 foot draft their wasn't any safe harbor for us. There are several creeks and shallow bays down the island but they need a draft of 4 ft or less. A copy of the Yachtsman Guide to the Bahamas describes the inside passage down the reef in great detail.

 I feel that this would be a great trip in May or June as the threat of cold fronts are gone and high pressure is likely. Our NS 27’s  would be well suited for this area although some anchorages would need a high tide to get over the bar and into.

  The second longest coral reef with beautiful diving and  secluded beaches only two days from Miami, anybody for a flotilla of NorSeas ?

Tech Tips
Alternator Replacement
By Richard Leasure
aboard NS27 Wings

I replaced the alternator on my yanmar with a 55 amp stock dual footed one that I bought at DAPS ( an auto parts chain store) it is  external regulated  and I have one of those Cruising Design 3 stage regulators. It has worked fine since 1996.  I keep my orig. alt for a spare in case my volt reg. goes out so i can just reinstall it. the part # is World Class parts ALT-14118-06. I found this through a helpfull parts man who was willing to look through some alt. books. I have a switch that I mounted on my inst. panel in the cockpit that supplies 12v to the volt reg . When the switch is off the alt. will not put out ie. no engine load. I leave the switch off when I start the engine, and then when it is warmed up I kick the alt on. You can really hear it load the engine down. But after the reg. kicks down to the second stage its not a problem. I have 3 batteries on board. Two in the engine room used for the house bank, and 1 mounted in a box under the companionway ladder for starting. I never charge more than 2 batteries at a time if they are real low so as not to overheat the alt.

Tech Tips
Manual Boat Speed
By Greg Delezynski
aboard NS27 Guenevere

I got a VERY useful tip off of the
newsgroup.  It seems you can mark your boat (or take a sighting on objects like stantions Etc.) at 5 Ft. 8.9 Ft. 13.9 Ft. and 20 ft along the water line length.  The marks relate to the length of waves a boat makes when moving through the water.  3 to 6 Knots for the scale above.  So, if the top of your bow wave peaks 13.9 Ft. down the hull you are going 5 knots.

By Dean Wixom


Looking back through the log of CHINOOk, I realized  we have spent about 3000 days at anchor in hundreds of places. During that time I have not dragged anchor. Not once, not ever,as long as I followed the two simple rules of Wixom's Way of anchoring. They are:
1. It doesn't matter what anchor rode or scope you have down as long as it is properly dug in.
2. You know it is properly dug in by pulling on it hard, really hard, and really, really, hard. In that order.

A really really hard pull is created by backing at 1-2 knots at heavy throttle. This pull puts more strain on the anchor than a full gale. This means you can rest easy in any wind [from that same direction] up to gale force.

If the anchor does not survive that really really hard pull you are not secure and you cannot rest easy. Try a different anchor or a different location. Don't assume security until you have a combination down that survives that vicious jerk. If the right anchor is dug into the right bottom, with adequate scope, it will not move, period, unless wind or current change.

The magazines debate chain vs. rope. There is no debate for a world voyager. Take a survey of boats that have spent years at anchor all over the globe [especially in the tropics where lurks the coral demon], and the answer is chain. All chain or at least lots of it

Critics contend "it's too heavy". Use high test chain, you can use one size smaller. I use 1/4"high test  It has spent ten accumulated years immersed in salt water , been regalvanized twice, and has held the boat at hurricane force.

Some say" it makes the bow too heavy". I glassed in PVC pipe from the chain locker to the bilge . The first 200 feet of chain  live in the bilge as ballast and the first 100 feet lives in the chain locker. A caution; provide secure latches on cabin sole hatches.
 "It requires a windlass". If you follow Wixom's Way of anchoring  you will need a windlass anyway to break loose that dug in hook. If you contemplate a windlass with a cast aluminum housing make a spray cover for it and plan a frequent regimen of disassembly and lubrication. I have seen them rendered useless by six months in the tropics or one   long windward passage.

Fair winds

I would like to add lee cloths.  How and where do most people put them on the Nor’Sea?
Asked by Greg Delezynski


Tech Tips
Watermaker installation
By Cliff & Deanna
Aboard Minds Eye

The following is a description of the watermaker installation just completed on Mind’s Eye ,our aft cabin Nor’Sea, hull #72.

 We have had Mind’s Eye now for 16 years and have made many changes and “improvements” during that time.  The most challenging has been the just completed watermaker installation which we decided we “needed” for our next adventure of extended sailing in the Sea of Cortez and points beyond where we didn’t have to depend on questionable local water supplies.  After a fair amount of research, we decided on the Little Wonder Modular 150 that operates on 12 volts.  The promotional literature seemed pretty straight forward and it appeared that it would meet our needs by putting out 5-7 gallons of water per hour.  The clincher was the good report from Practical Sailor.

 The unit was purchased through the Watermaker Store in San Diego and they have proved very helpful in answering my questions when I called their toll-free number (888-419-5662.)

 The previous owners had remodeled the head area to provide a crawl-thru space for their 2 young daughters from the aft cabin of Mind’s Eye.  This has never been very usable for adults, so this area was selected for the installation area.

 The high-pressure pump with ¼ HP electric motor was mounted just behind the head, extending
 in to the port berth in the aft cabin about 6”.  The reverse osmosis membrane vessel was mounted horizontally on vertical frames already bonded to the hull in this same area.  The high-pressure hose then loops up under the gunnel from the pump and back down to the vessel.  These cannot be placed in the engine compartment due to temperature limits…110F, maximum.  The plumbing is fairly complex and some of the items need to be installed below the waterline, while others need to be above.  You MUST read the Owner’s Manual to get the complete picture of do’s and don’t’s.

 A bulkhead was mounted athwartship above the electric motor and high-pressure pump, blocking the mentioned crawl-thru.  The five 3-way valves were mounted on this bulkhead.  The 5-micron pre-filter and carbon block filter were both mounted in the engine compartment on the port side.  The reinforced flexible PVC hoses were run from the various valves to the filters and the two water tanks.  Simple on/off blocking valves were installed at the tank out lines.

 This setup allows easy freshwater flushing of the system so that the system can go several days without operation.  The system has to be operated every 2-3 days if the saltwater isn’t purged.  It, also, allows for easy cleaning and “pickling” if the system isn’t going to be used for several weeks or months.  The owner's manual has all the details regarding this.

Cost Information
Little Wonder Modular (LWM150)……… $3,195.00
Cleaning valves (for ease of maintenance)…120.00
Freshwater Flush Kit…………………………..150.00
Hand Held Salinity Meter……………………… 49.00
Additional 3-way valve for tank selection plus hose,
clamps, ss elbow……………………… ……. 90.00
More hose, clamps, nylon fittings from local
hardware store (cheaper) est……………………………. 46.00
Total………………………………………….    $3,650.00
 I’ll provide another report after we’ve used the watermaker in real life.

Cruising Baja
By Cliff & Deanna
Aboard Minds Eye

12 May 1998
La Paz, Baja California

Dear Friends,

    The adventure continues....
    There have not been any opportunities to send email so have been remiss in doing anything on the log. We undestand there is a place here in La Paz where we can go to send email so thought I'd put together a letter and go see what the deal is.
    We returned to San Carlos April 17th and proceeded to install the stuff we bought while home over Easter and that had broken or lost overboard during our 1st month down here.
    Left San Carlos May 20th and arrived in San Juanico the next day after an uneventful crossing in light winds, motoring some of the time. San Juanico is
100 miles south of San Carlos on the Baja coast. The only excitement we had was coming up on a sleeping whale that really let us know it was displeased with our presence. First it reared up out of the water...then it slapped the water HARD, 3 times, with it's tail. And then it stuck it's head back up out of the water and saw we were "making tracks" so submerged, not to be seen again. Of course, my camara was stowed away.
    Anchored in San Juanico for a couple of days to rest, hiking around on shore and  trying a little fishing off the point, but no luck.
    Continued on to Balandra cove on Isla Carmen (30 miles) and spent the night there in relatively calm conditions. There were some slight swells
coming in that caused us to pitch a little, but slept good.
    Proceeded on to Puerto Escondito (25 miles) a well protected anchorage and stayed there 2 days. Walked up to the store at Tripui and bought some fresh veggies and a COLD beer. As you may recall, Mind's Eye has no refrigeration and we don't carry ice so cold things are a luxury.
    The water maker working good so we have plenty of fresh water for cooking, drinking and showers.
    Agua Verde was the next stop (30 miles) in our trek south. This is a really nice anchorage with lots of room and good protection from either north
or south winds so we stayed there 2 days, hiking around and visiting other yachties. One couple we met winter on their boat here in the Sea of Cortez and
summers on a second boat they have in Sweden. Deanna and I have been invited to sail with them in Sweden when we go there in 1999 for a family
reunion...that should be a kick.
    Spent the next night in a open cove called Los Gatos (25 miles), but there was no wind so had a good night. This is a colorful spot...almost like we were anchored in Sedona. We were visited by a local fisherman and we bought 6-8 scallops for a few pesos and a can of fruit.
    The weather has been wonderfull, with no days of really strong winds. The mornings have been calm and if on the move we've had to motor, but a nice
12-15 knot breeze comes up in the afternoon and we get in a good sail. The wind isn't always coming from a good  direction and we do a lot of tacking, but they are great sails.
     Our next anchorage was San Evaristo (25 miles) but we ended up motoring all the way with no wind. This was such a nice place we stayed there 2 days,
going for walks on shore and reading.
     Then it was on to Calleta Partida (30 miles), our last stop before coming on in to La Paz. This is a fairly well protected anchorage. Here we ran into
old friends from the Arizona Yacht Club, Judy & Bob Lundstrom on their Islander 38, " Amazing Grace". They really got the cruising bug and have sold
their house and everything. They have a really nice boat.
     Sailed on into La Paz the next day (25 Miles) in order to get  cleaned up before our guest arrived for a 4 day stay. Getting into La Paz is interesting because of all the sand bars around. One really needs to follow the the well marked channel. Since we arrived on Sunday they was no one in the Marina office so we anchored in an area called El Magote. To get there without going aground it was necessary to line up on a course between the public dock and a cross on the other side of the channel. We got across the bar and anchored with about 60 other boats. The next day we motored in to the marina in the dinghy and hiked to immigration and the port captains office to check in.    The 5th of May we moved into Marina de La Paz to get cleaned up. It was $15.50 per day for 3 days, but this allowed us a chance to check into Mexican
immigration and the port captain's office. Then it was grocery shopping and we must have hiked miles trying to find a manual clothes wringer at the several
hardware stores, but no luck.
     Then it was do laundry and wait for our guest to arrive. Nanda came in the evening of the 7th. We slept on the boat that night in the marina before
heading out to Calleta Partida to spend a couple of days. The weather was gorgeous and we had a pleasent 2 days there. The only problem is I strained by back the 2nd day so we are now setting in the marina taking muscle relaxants, ibuprofen, walks and doing stretching to get back in shape. The winds weren't too strong and we did get in some sailing.
    Returning to Marina de La Paz yesterday, may 10th, the wind had died so we
were motoring and the high temperature alarm went off. Discovered that water was not getting to the raw water strainer so shut the seacock and removed the
hose, blew into it and dislodged something. Anyway, in pulling the hose I managed to break the connection fitting to the water strainer so had to take it apart and glue it back together. Fortunately, the wind came up so we weren't stuck out there unti I did get things back together.
    We lucked out and managed to get a space on the dock in the marina. The next morning, Nanda caught a taxi to the airport and Deanna and I checked back
into the port captians office. Today our friends on Sea Witch returned from an outing with friends of their's who had come in so today we walked downtown,
about a mile, to see if we could find me  a back brace and do some other shopping. Found just what we wanted at the local ACE Hardware. Had lunch at
the fish taco stand across from the MAS department store and then came back to the marina to get showers before going out to dinner with our "Sea Witch" friends, Jeff & Gail and Joy & Bill off "Patience", folks we met last year up in Prince Rupert, B.C. and also friends of Jeff & Gail...its a small world.
    With any luck, I'll be able to get this sent out the next day or so. If not, you'll all geta double dose when we get home around the 20th of June.
    Hope everyone is doing ok and lookng out for one another.

              Cliff & Deanna

              tied to the dock....Marina de La Paz


Dear friends of No News,
 No News is certainly living up to its name, by not releasing any news of our whereabouts.  We are safe and sound at Roger City, MI, in a very nice marina.  The wind has been blowing from the NNW for a couple days at about 18-25.  So we decided this was a good time to take care of correspondence.
 Our E-mail has not been able to connect since we left Chicago about 6/16.  Perhaps when we get back down towards Detroit, we will be back on line.
 We left Chicago on the 16th and sailed straight across to Holland on a light air sail.  We enjoyed meeting our sunfish friends, Don & Jean Bergman, in Holland and borrowed their car to go get groceries.  Then it was off to the north.  We anchored in a dew harbors and stayed at Michigan municipal  marinas  sometimes.  Most of the winds have been at our stern.
 We had a wild trip from Leland to Charlevoux in the midst of 30 kn winds and heavy rain.  The rain kept the waves down, so we just kept going.  Before long, the sun came out.
 At Charlevoux, we met some other NorSea owners, Bob & Cheri Hartman.  They were going to Macinaw City to get their boat and then head to Macinac Island. They really wanted us to join them.
 We thought we would try the 55 mile sail to Mac City, so we started early in moderate wind and fog.  We were able to average about 4.7 kn and arrived at Mac City at 4:30 to see Bob on the dock looking for us.  The 55 miles was statute miles, so our entire sail, including under the Macinaw Bridge, was 47 kn.
 We took the ferry over to Macinac Island on Saturday and joined Bob and Cheri for supper on their NorSea.  Macinac Island has changed quite a bit since we were there about 35 years ago—but so have we!
 Now, we are on our way down the west side of Lake Huron , which is very uncluttered.  We anchored in one harbor where the loons would paddle around the boat.
 Each day we complete another project on the boat, so it is really getting into shape.  We have less and less bags to rearrange when we start to search for something.  We have added two cleats to the bow for our anchors, finished a small riding sail to use when we are at anchor and today, put the Illinois numbers on our dinghy.
 Rogers City is a nice little town, with grocery store, museum, hardware, ice cream shop and a movie theater.  Last evening we saw “The Perfect Murder”.  Sunset is about 9:30.
 We are doing fine.  We hope all is well with you.

Gale & Nancy aboard s/v No News

And now from the editors:

I’d like to put out a call for Articles for the NewsLine.  We have a few really good ones for the next issue or two, but we know there is a batch of GREAT stories out there just waiting to be put to print.  Send them in please.
Published, edited, typed, copied and stamped aboard Guenevere (#80) by:
Greg & Jill Delezynski
660 Bair Island Rd. #24
Redwood City,  Ca.  94063


Just got a call from Jerry Seng.  He is sorry to say he has to part with his Nor’Sea.  It’s hull #40 and is currently located in Redding Ca.  If you know of anyone who might be interested give him a call at (541) 779-6530.  It’s an aft cabin model and it comes with a custom tandem trailer. He said he is open to offers.

1992 Aft Cabin: vane, auto, refrig, 3 axle trailer, etc.  $70,000  -  (719) 486-0856